Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Buy Rent

Southdale, Kitchener, Ontario Real Estate and Homes for Sale

Small apartment buildings are the predominant housing type, representing about half of buildings in Southdale, while the remainder are mainly single detached homes and townhouses. This area is primarily composed of three bedroom and two bedroom homes. Around 60% of the population of this neighbourhood rent their home while owners make up the remainder. Roughly 40% of properties in this part of Kitchener were constructed in the 1960s and 1970s, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960.  Read more about Southdale real estate

6 Homes For Sale in Southdale



Southdale is reasonably suited for cycling as the bicycling infrastructure is extensive. It is also convenient for pedestrians to navigate Southdale; many common errands can be run on foot. The public transit system in this part of the city is not very practical. Nonetheless, the neighbourhood is linked by a few bus lines, and bus stops are not very far-removed from most houses. On the other hand, Southdale is especially car friendly. It is convenient to park, and the majority of houses for sale are a short car ride from the closest highway, such as Highway 7.


It is easy to reach the closest supermarket by walking in Southdale. Moreover, Southdale is a good place in which to go out to eat. In terms of education, both primary and secondary schools are convenient to reach on foot from most properties for sale in this part of the city. On the other hand, it can be very difficult to access daycares as a pedestrian.


Southdale is a fairly good neighbourhood to buy a house in for those who prefer a calm environment. Most areas in this part of Kitchener are quiet, as there isn't a lot of street noise or city clamour - although that is not the case close to Highway 7 or the railway line. Lastly, it is very easy to reach public green spaces in the neighbourhood since there are around 10 of them nearby for residents to discover.