Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent

Nanaimo, BC Real Estate - Homes For Sale in Nanaimo, British Columbia

In Nanaimo, roughly 55% of dwellings are single detached homes, while small apartment buildings and duplexes are also present in the housing stock. This city is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Roughly 70% of the units in the city are occupied by homeowners while the rest are rented. About 30% of properties in this city were constructed between 1960 and 1980, while the majority of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s.  Read more about Nanaimo real estate

595 Homes For Sale in Nanaimo



Driving is very often the best means of transportation in this city. Most real estate listings are a rather short car ride from the nearest highway, such as Nanaimo Parkway, and it is especially convenient to park. On the other hand, public transit riders may experience few options in this city due to the service's low frequency. Thankfully, the city is served by about 20 bus lines, and the nearest bus stop is generally close by. Many of the homes for sale in this city are located in places that are not very convenient for those who travel by foot since most daily needs are difficult to meet without having to use a vehicle.


Parents and their children will welcome that wherever their house is located in Nanaimo, primary schools are close by. In contrast, it can be difficult to reach high schools as a pedestrian. Besides public schools, there are private elementary and secondary schools. Regarding eating, it is frequently feasible for property owners in Nanaimo to do their grocery shopping by walking. Commercial Street is among the best streets for groceries. There are also a few opportunities for those who care about nearby restaurants and cafes.


Nanaimo offers a slower-paced ambience and will appeal to home buyers who enjoy spending time outdoors. This city is reasonably quiet, as the streets are usually quite peaceful - although that is not the case around the railway line or Nanaimo Parkway. Lastly, it is easy to access green spaces in the city, since there are over 300 of them nearby for residents to unwind in, such as Newcastle Island Park and Beban Park.